I would like to thank the beautiful hope.s of “The One With Feathers” for nominating me for this award!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
The rules for this prestigious award (courtesy of Okoto Enigma, the almighty creator) are as follows:
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
4) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
5) Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
6) Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
7) Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
8) Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
9) Share the link to your best post.
Three things about myself:
1. I love dogs of every sort.
I know the stereotype that most writers prefer cats, but 1) I’m allergic to cats and 2) I like the temperament of dogs more than cats. Dogs are loyal and love you no matter what and look adorable doing so. What could be better than that?
2. I’m pretty sure I know more about British history than I do American history.
I didn’t realize just how lacking my knowledge of American history was until we learned about Pearl Harbor in one of my history classes and I had to google who the president was at that time. Yet I could write a 10 paper over what World War II was like for the British without needing any secondary resources.
Nothing against the good ‘ol US of A, but I just find British history (particularly English history) to be more interesting. I mean, come on, they’ve got royalty. What do we have? A bunch of peasants throwing tea in a harbor. Okay, I’m being too harsh. Still, Europe is so much older than the United States so their story has more depth and intrigue. Plus, they have castles. Frigging castles.
3. I think Math is the most awful thing ever invented.
No one has ever rejoiced more than I did when I passed my final math class of my school career. Learning math, for me, was like taking a class taught entirely in Russian. Sine, Cosine, Pythagorean theorem-
I have had countless help from countless tutors, spent hours on single problems, and have dedicated years to trying to get this crap, but it’s never sunk in. One thing I can console myself with is I knowing that I have the ability to make change if necessary and that geniuses created tiny rectangular devices that allow us to calculate sums without using our fingers and toes.
Nominee Questions Answered:
1. If you could be considered an expert at something after 15 years of diligent study/work what would you want to be?
I guess the obvious answer is become an expert at writing (I consider myself an ambitious amateur at the moment) but if I had to chose something besides this I would want to become an expert at guitar or piano. It would be nice to sit down and create my own music, but I didn’t learn how because I gave up on piano too easily
2. What is the first thing you would do if you suddenly woke up 100 years in the past?
Probably cry because there is no internet. However, I would pick myself up eventually, and then heavily invest in the automotive industry. Or become a bootlegger. What? Worked for the Kennedys, old sport.
3. What is your “pointless” superpower?
I am good at doing impressions and making animal noises. Especially squirrel sounds. The reactions to this gift are usually shock and awe.
4. If you won a free trip to a destination of your choice, where would you go?
I think I would want to go back to Edinburgh, Scotland. I spent a few days there last summer, but there was so much I wanted to do that we didn’t have time for. I would like to go on another haunted tour since I had so much fun on the last one.
5. Where is your favorite reading spot?
My bed. I have a million pillows to lay on so it’s nice and comfy.
I think my favorite post that I’ve published is I Cant Write At Home. The Internet Wants My Soul.
Questions for nominees:
- If you had the opportunity to rewrite any novel, which novel would it be and what would you change?
- Name the funniest book you’ve ever read and why it made you laugh.
- Where is your favorite place to write/read?
- If you could have drinks with any literary character, who would they be and why?
- What’s you philosophy on life?
Again, a big thank you to hope.s for nominating me for this award! To my nominees, keep up the excellent work, I enjoy reading all of your content.